Last week ISIS was part of a happy family reunion through private refugee sponsorship. Omela and her family were awaiting the arrival of her parents and brother whom she had not seen in 11 years. They are Palestinian refugees privately sponsored by the Anglican diocese of Nova Scotia and PEI. Check out the photos below [...]
My Halifax is… submit a photo, vote, let others know! The second annual FUSION Diversity Photo Contest is your opportunity to show us the vibrancy and diversity of our city. Share what your Halifax is through an image for a chance to win one of many prizes! Photos will be judged in 4 categories. There will [...]
Join us for a multicultural Potluck and help us give a warm welcome to newcomers to Canada!
Everyone is welcome!
Saturday, May 25th
5:30pm – 8:30pm
St. Andrew’s Community Centre
(3380 Barnstead Lane Halifax)
- FREE event with multicultural food and entertainment!
- A tribute to Asian Heritage Month
- Please bring microwave-safe food to share with others!
- No frozen food!
- Wheelchair accessible
For more information call Jacinda Rudolph at 406-8648.
May 14, 2013
Would you like to know what is going on in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) and Nova Scotia this summer?
Come to this information session and find out about:
- Exciting activities offered through the public libraries, YMCA, Community Centers, Museums and Art Centers like: basic computer training, preschool and children’s activities, reading clubs, seniors’ activities, tutoring, conversation groups, study skills, and sports.
- Fun places for a family or individual to visit.
- Other exciting events and activities throughout…