My Halifax is… submit a photo, vote, let others know! The second annual FUSION Diversity Photo Contest is your opportunity to show us the vibrancy and diversity of our city. Share what your Halifax is through an image for a chance to win one of many prizes! Photos will be judged in 4 categories. There will [...]
Join us for a multicultural Potluck and help us give a warm welcome to newcomers to Canada!
Everyone is welcome!
Saturday, May 25th
5:30pm – 8:30pm
St. Andrew’s Community Centre
(3380 Barnstead Lane Halifax)
- FREE event with multicultural food and entertainment!
- A tribute to Asian Heritage Month
- Please bring microwave-safe food to share with others!
- No frozen food!
- Wheelchair accessible
For more information call Jacinda Rudolph at 406-8648.
May 14, 2013
Would you like to know what is going on in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) and Nova Scotia this summer?
Come to this information session and find out about:
- Exciting activities offered through the public libraries, YMCA, Community Centers, Museums and Art Centers like: basic computer training, preschool and children’s activities, reading clubs, seniors’ activities, tutoring, conversation groups, study skills, and sports.
- Fun places for a family or individual to visit.
- Other exciting events and activities throughout…
This week is National Volunteer Week in Canada! We asked a few of our volunteers:Why do you volunteer with ISIS?
“Because I enjoy helping others, because being an immigrant I understand the need, pain and frustrations of building a new life in a new country, in a new culture. Why not to lend a helping hand and help enrich the Canadian fabrics. I believe that most emigrants are hardworking, motivated people looking for the opportunity to build a successful life for themselves and their love ones. ISIS is the right organization to collaborate…