To begin your journey to employment in Nova Scotia, make an appointment to meet with an Employment Specialist at ISIS. If you have not yet landed in Nova Scotia, you can meet with an Employment Specialist pre-arrival using technology to get an early start on your job search!
Your Employment Specialist will begin by learning as much as possible about your education, previous work experience, skills and qualifications, and will then help you to:
- identify your short term and long term career goals
- research alternative careers in your field
- develop an individualized career action plan to get into the job market
- make a professional, Canadian-style resume
- discover how to become licensed in your profession
- apply to financial support programs to become licensed in your field
- connect with professional associations or other useful organizations
- discover which ISIS programs will be most helpful to you
- identify useful community programs
- gather information about the labour market in your field
- learn how to job search in Canada
- connect with potential employers in your occupation
- meet your employment goals by providing ongoing counselling and coaching
- register with Skills Match and share your resume with potential employers
- become an independent job seeker!
Job Search Resource Centre
Job seekers are welcome to attend the Job Search Resource Centre at ISIS Computer Lab, every Thursday, 9:00-12:00. There will be an employment specialist available to help you to work on job applications, to look for potential employers, answer questions or give feedback on job search documents such as resumes, cover letters, and portfolios.