The Professional Mentorship Program will match you with a mentor in your field of work. This is someone in your profession or occupation who is well established here in Canada. A mentor can help you in a number of ways:
- attend networking events together and discuss trends and opportunities in your field
- learn the “jargon” or profession-specific language you need
- visit your mentor’s workplace
- build your professional network in Nova Scotia through introductions and connections
Ask your Employment Specialist about being referred to the Mentorship Program.
Here’s how the program works:
- you meet in public places (eg. coffee shops, libraries, ISIS) to talk about your profession, the labour market, differences in workplace culture and other topics
- you meet 2-4 times a month
- the Mentorship Program is based on specific goals and activities
- the Mentorship Program Coordinator provides ongoing guidance, support and suggestions
For more information please contact your Employment Specialist.