FrançaisThe EAL Volunteer Tutor Program provides EAL learners with language support. If you are not taking English classes you can improve your language skills through this program.
To join you will need to meet the program coordinator and discuss your language needs and preferences for a future tutor match. We make tutor matches according to:
- the tutor/learner location
- learning goals
A Volunteer Tutor is someone with whom you can talk, share and learn. Most tutors are not professional teachers; they get basic training and support from the program coordinator. Usually, you would meet your tutor once a week for 2 hours, over a period of 3 months to one year.
As a learner you will:
- set your learning goals and work towards them
- practice your spoken and/or written English
- prepare for a professional/school exam or Canadian Citizenship Test
- learn how to find and use language and community resources
- learn how to use the computer
- gain a new friend
Coordinator, EAL Tutor Program
To volunteer you must first register with us. Check out how to Become a Volunteer at ISIS.